The safety of our children online is paramount. We have an 'Acceptable Use Policy' that children agree to adhere to both in school and at home.
Internet Access Rules
For safe use of the Internet at Belgrave School you will be expected to follow these rules:
- I will only connect to the Internet during a class lesson when my teacher has told me to do so and only use the web address that my teacher has given you.
- I may only connect to the Internet during free choice sessions if my teacher has given you permission to do so. These will be the websites that are listed on the school website.
- I won’t give my username and passwords to anyone else.
- If I see a message or site that makes me feel uncomfortable I will tell the adult present straight away.
- At home and school I will keep information or pictures about myself, my family or my school private unless I have checked with an adult.
- I will be a good on-line citizen and not do anything that hurts other people.
- I will never agree to meet with someone I have talked to online.
- I will not download anything onto the school computers and will check with my parents before downloading anything at home.
Instagram is a popular photos and video sharing and social networking site with millions of users, including tweens. It's all photos, isn't it, so keeping kids safe on Instagram isn't a concern, right?
No. While Instagram is hugely popular among tweens and even primary age children, and many use it without incident, there are issues and parents absolutely need to be aware and informed. Aside from the stated age requirement of 13, parents must know about privacy, cyberbullying, and content concerns about Instagram.
Click here to read about potential problems with Instagram and how you can keep your child safe.
The NSPCC has lots of useful information to help you keep your children safe online. Click here to find out more.
Click here to access your guide to the social networks your children use. This will help you stay up to date and keep your child safe in today's digital world.
The official YouTube Kids app is designed for curious little minds to dive into a world of discovery, learning and entertainment. This is a delightfully simple (and free!) app, where kids can discover videos, channels and playlists they love.
Click here to down load the app and find out more.